1 - What are eTukuri Shipping Services?
• The Shipping Service currently offered by eTukuri is to the USA which provides you with personalized delivery addresses located overseas, thereby allowing you to shop from international merchants that usually do not ship to the Maldives. Your purchases that are delivered to these personalized delivery addresses would then be shipped to Maldives and delivered to the Maldives address you registered with eTukuri.
2 - Can I ship a bulky item (e.g. washer)? Do you have any restriction in terms of size (height & weight) of the package?
• We have maximum dimensions that can ship through eTukuri. They are as follows: eTukuri Air Freight Minimum Size: N/A Maximum Length:180 cm Maximum length plus girth (2W + 2H) must not exceed 300 cm Packages that exceed the maximum length measurement cannot be shipped Packages which exceeded the above dimension cannot be shipped. Additional Delivery Surcharge will be imposed when a package exceeded the Maximum dimension and/or Maximum Actual Weight. If your shipment requires special handling, there would be an additional surcharge, which will be determined on an individual basis and customers will be notified of the details when their shipments arrive in Singapore.
3 - Why is my shipping fee so high? Are there any tips to reduce the shipping fee? (e.g. Consolidation, etc.)
• When your package reaches our facility in USA, we will measure and weigh the package to calculate the volumetric and actual weight of the package. As per freight industry practice, the chargeable weight of a package is calculated based on Volumetric or Actual weight, whichever is higher. Volumetric weight of a package is a calculation that reveals the density of a package. A less dense package generally occupies more volume of space compared to its actual. Volumetric weight = [ length(cm) x breadth(cm) x height(cm) ] / 5,000cm Minimum chargeable weight is 0.5kg and subsequent weight step is 0.1kg thereafter. You can advise your merchant to ensure proper packaging and pack your purchase into the smallest possible box. In addition, you can consolidate your shipping charges by paying them together. As such, a single base charge is billed.
4 - Do you have repacking services?
• Yes, we provide repacking services for eTukuri at a charge of $8 per package. Packages will be repacked if the difference between the actual weight and volumetric weight is 2kg or more. Repacking will not be done if the safety of the packages is compromised. Here are some scenarios in which we will not repack: 1. when the package contains leather products, e.g. handbags, purses, coats, etc. 2. when the package contains products with flammable or alcoholic contents, e.g. perfume samples, perfumes, body mist samples, etc. (These products will be disposed off if discovered during the repacking process. Click here to view the list of prohibited items.) 3. when the package is marked 'FRAGILE'. 4. when the package is obviously a gift, i.e. packed in a gift box, secured with ribbon and gift card, etc.
5 - How to register for eTukuri Service?
• Login to www.etukuri.mv and register using email or facebook